During the Winter Months (GMT): Speech starts at 12:45pm. Khutab starts at 1:15pm
During the Summer Months (BST): Speech starts at 1pm. Khutab starts at 1:30pm
GMT: begins on the last Sunday of October and ends in the last Sunday of following March
BST: begins on the last Sunday of March and ends in the last Sunday of following October
Etiquettes of Jumma
- Going to the Masjid in a state of calmness and not being hurried.
- Walking to the Masjid whenever feasible as there is a reward for every step taken to the Masjid.
- Avoiding stepping over people to get to a particular spot in the Masjid.
- Avoiding dividing two people who are sitting together.
- Not making someone stand and taking his place.
- Sitting in the front rows and close to the Imam whenever possible.
- Remaining quiet while the Imam is delivering the khutbah. This actually includes listening to the Imam and not playing with anything while the Imam is speaking.
- Reciting surah al-Kahf (surah 18) as an authentic Hadith states: “For whoever recites surah al-Kahf on Friday, it will be a light for him from that Friday to the next.” [Al-Bayahaqi and Al-Hakim] The surah could be read any time of the day.
Please ensure that you DO NOT park on the shopping parade next to GBMF and DO NOT BLOCK the local residents driveways; both to the front or the rear.